Monday, December 19, 2011

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS... - Judith P. Vaughan



Dear Santa,

Remember me? I know I’m all grown up now, but can you please spread some good old-fashioned holiday magic this way? All I want for Christmas is to have my bills paid and be comfortable to provide for my children the way I would like to, but I would not mind finding an iPad or a large flat screen TV under my Christmas tree, if it fits. However, since I’m all grown up, I have to get my own gifts; I hope my book sales will pick up and I will get my wish.

But, that is not all I want this year, I have four more wishes on my list. I wish there was world peace. (Yes, I said it!) I also wish for my loved ones to be safe, happy, and that their wishes come true; and I wish the same for the person who is reading this blog post.

I still have one more wish, that I will tell you later, but first I want to know, what is on your Christmas wish list?

There are many things that we all wish for Christmas, some are spiritual and some are material, but it all depends on your needs that will bring you joy this Christmas.

Some ask for an iPhone, iPad, flat screen TV, laptop, jewelry, or a brand new SUV.

Some people wish for more simple things, like the joy of seeing their son return home from the war or seeing their loved one healthy again, or to receive a job offer after being unemployed for almost a year. Material gifts can only go so far, but they will never replace the happiness of the spiritual gifts.

In the spirit of the holiday, I would like to share a story with you all. Last week, a student in my son’s choir class was hit by tragedy when her apartment was completely destroyed by fire. The family lost everything, but they still had each other. In the spirit of Christmas, the choir students came together and each one donated money or gift cards so this family could meet their special needs this Christmas. The choir students presented their donation to the family in need and the family was immensely thankful for the children’s kind gift, but what this family received was not just a gift of cash —it was a gift of hope, that there is a brighter tomorrow and that Christmas still exists.

Christmas is not only giving and receiving, the true meaning of Christmas is a celebration of an incredible act of love, such as this.

And for my last wish, I wish everyone health, happiness and peace and that those who are in need see their future get a lot brighter like this family did. And may this holiday be so special that you never ever feel lonely again and that you be surrounded by your loved ones throughout the year.

All I want for Christmas is not too much to ask, I just want you all to have a Merry Christmas and peace to all.

If you like this blog, please support my books. Thank you for stopping by
and I hope you return for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment