Tuesday, January 17, 2012

WHETHER THEY ARE ANGELS OR DEMONS, YOU CAN’T HELP BUT TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE CHARACTERS OF PURPLE MOON by Judith P. Vaughan


In my previous blog, I introduced you all to my novel, Purple Moon, which is scheduled for release early 2012. After seeing the interest many of you have shown on my novel, I wanted to give you a little background on it.  I am proud to say that Purple Moon is the first novel I ever wrote and after so many years of it being filed away in a drawer, I will finally see it published.  This will be my third novel published.

As I go back and polish my novel, I remembered how much I loved my characters and how much I have missed them.   To some of you this may sound crazy, but if you are an author you know how emotionally involved you get with your characters. You develop an intimate relationship with them, kind of a one-sided romance.  A relationship that grows from spending hours, days and months with your characters and the psychological connection you get to share with your fictional creations.   It does not matter if the story is told in the first person narrative or the omniscient third person, if you want to make a believable character you must become faithful to the idea of their existence, and as a result, the author inevitably falls in love with the characters and sometimes it is hard to let go.  Now that you all know my insanity defense (*grin*) I would like to introduce to you the main characters of Purple Moon, and hope that you get to know them and maybe fall in love with them before the book is released.  

Here is where good and evil meet:

DRAKE SULLY, a hottie guardian angel with a rebel streak.  He has a simple assignment to protect the Shadow Guardian, but instead he falls in love with her.  If his gorgeous looks do not get her attention, his divine charisma will.  He is willing to do anything to keep her safe, even if it means putting his wings at risk.

            The stunningly handsome, E.J. BELLAMONT, he is a half demon with a hidden agenda.  His job is to get close to the Shadow Guardian without revealing his true identity, but to his family’s disgrace, he falls in love with her and refuses to let her go.

Then there is the dangerously sexy demon, JUSTIN BELLAMONT (E.J.’s older brother).  He is an ambitious young demon who wants to move up rank in the underworld; he is determined to be the one that ends the reign of the Shadow Guardian and he will destroy anyone who hinders his plan, even if it is his own flesh and blood.

And of course there is a leading lady, enters the beautiful, JADE PATTERSON, an orphan teenager, who on her eighteenth birthday learns of her legacy and the secret her mother kept hidden from her. —Jade is the product of her mother‘s love affair with an angel, but by the time she learns the truth, is already too late she has already made a pact that will change the course of her life.  She is a normal girl to the rest of the world, but to the underworld, she is known as the Shadow Guardian, a demon hunter. 

Purple Moon is the first of the Shadow Guardian trilogy, a gripping tale of love, betrayal, supernatural powers and a revelation that will change everyone’s life.  

            Become a Fan of my Facebook Page to keep up to date with new and upcoming book releases.



No comments:

Post a Comment